Wednesday, 3 October 2018

40k Addicts Hobby Season 2018-2019 To Do List

A little bit late to the party as usual, here is my To Do List for the 2018-19 40k Addict Hobby Season.

I've been following along with the www.40kaddict.uk's Hobby Seasons for the past two years. My first year I was fairly involved but this last year I didn't really share much, although I did actually complete a fair bit off my list- I blame a new baby in the house named Jess!

My ongoing projects I plan to work on over the next 12 months in the (likely vain) attempt to get to the bottom of my Mountain of Grey Plastic are:
  • Blood Angels
Blood Angels Terminator Squad x2
Blood Angels Terminator Assault Squad
Terminator Ancient, Captain and Librarian
  • Grey Knights
Grey Knight Grand Master, Ancient and Apothecary
  • Fallen
6 Fallen Dark Angels 
  • A super secret project for my regular opponents' birthday
  • Deathwatch- one of my bigger projects for the next year, these guys have languished since the army was released years ago!
Artemis, Librarian and Chaplain
Kill Tean
Kill Team
Kill Team
Sniper Kill Team
Heavy Weapons Kill Team
Vanguard
Vanguard
Dreadnaught
Rhino
  • Death Guard- my other main project, I'm aiming for 2k points of Nurgle goodness
Contents of Dark Imperium, including a few conversions
2 X Easy Build Plague Marine Boxes (with some conversions)
Deathshroud
A metric tonne of Poxwalkers
2 Paperhammer Rhinos- my first foray into Papercraft models, where better to start than with the ubiquitous Rhino?
  • Primaris 
Its over a year since Dark Imperium was released and yet I haven't built or painted a single Primaris model- in no small part due to crippling indecision as to how to use them! 
Contents of Dark Imperium + Easy Build Intercessors and Reivers

  • Word Bearer Reinforcements - I have a bunch of old Chaos Marines I saved from eBay who are crying out for a repaint to join my Word Bearers and bring them up to a 2000pt list. 

  • Gangs of Commoragh
A birthday present from a friend last year that is still sitting in its box
  • Terrain
Various buildings currently sitting built but unpainted, as well as new projects such as more scatter terrain and fortifications.

  • Knight Valiant - I was lucky enough to win this bad boy from a competition over at St Andrews Wargaming. I will hopefully manage to build and paint him over the next 12 months, but I've promised myself the Deathwatch and Death Guard must come first. 


I'll be lucky to complete half of these projects, and it doesn't include any potential birthday and Christmas gifts (Kill Team and Necromunda I'm looking at you *fingers crossed*) 
Overall if I end up at next August with less plastic unpainted than I have just now I'll be happy- which of course means trying not to buy new models...yeah I find that pretty funny too.

7 comments:

  1. Ah so you're the winner of the Knight Valiant! Because of you I had to go out and buy my own rather than winning a cheeky freebie off of Mike!

    In all seriousness, congratulations mate. Best of luck with your hobby goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah I had managed to convince myself I didn't need/want any Knights... Oh well!

      Delete
  2. A healthy list, and should it not be complete by next August that's also healthy.The hobby Season is just a guide, nothing to beat oneself up about. If it helps it helps glad to have you on board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oh it almost certainly will not be completed by August 🤣

      Delete
  3. I'm really looking forward to seeing your Fallen, I am kitbashing a Killteam of them at the moment. Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I built mone a while before Kill Team so as soon as it was announced I wanted to sue them for it, but unfortunately the loadouts I built aren't really suitable for KT :( looking forward to painting them though :)

      Delete

Denizens of the Dark

So my current foray into the Blackstone Fortress has reached its finale- all my hostiles are painted! I will eventually do the other expansi...